NAME OF THE PROGRAM :
Master’s Degree Program in Community Development
- Stay duration: August 17, 2018~ December 21, 2019 (16 months study in Korea including 2 weeks of pre-course)
During 16 months in Yonsei, students are strongly recommended to complete their thesis.
- Academic duration: August 17, 2018~ August 31, 2020 (24 months)
In accordance to the university regulations, the diploma will be issued in August 2019.
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES :
1) This program aims to cultivate the professional human resources necessary for a sustainable and autonomous community development in developing countries. The last decade has witnessed that the pressing challenges of sustainable development from global poverty, social disparity and climate change. Sustainable development can only be resolved by knowledge and skills for autonomous community development efforts.
2) To assist students for creating their own community development model that fits into the context of their country adopting the Korea’s community development experiences. At the Yonsei University’s master’s degree program in community development, faculty members and students collaborate for inventing tailored development strategy for satisfying unmet community needs.
3) To strengthen the community capabilities of the developing countries by nurturing students knowledgeable about the capacity building of the community leaders and organizations, and providing them with multidisciplinary education of public administration, agriculture, economy, environment, etc.
4) To make students build partnerships with Korean institutions and program and establish global network with alumni all around the world and international organizations. Through the global network of the KOICA-Yonsei master’s program in community development, the students are expected to collaborate with world leading community development scholars and practitioners.
LANGUAGE : English (without translation)
This master’s degree program is an intensive course. Students admitted SHOULD work hard according to the university instructions and follow the university’s regulations.