I. Application Eligibility
● Be a government official or an employees in public sector or a researcher in state institutes working in his/her home country
with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Private sector employees are not eligible. However, if the applicant works in a development
non-governmental organization (NGO) or UN-associated organization, he/she can apply on the condition that he/she obtains
a recommendation from the government ministry which covers the organization.
● Be nominated by his or her government.
● Have sufficient command of both spoken & written English to take classes conducted entirely in English and to write academic
reports and thesis in English.
● Should have a positive attitude and a strong will to get adjusted in a multicultural environment and to understand hosting
country’s culture while studying in Korea.
● Should have a good moral characteristic to endure student life on campus
● Be in good health, both physically and mentally, to undergo the program.
- Pregnancy is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participating in this program
- Having Tuberculosis or any kind of contagious disease is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participating in
● Have not previously received a scholarship, including KOICA Scholarship Program, from the Korean government
II. Application Procedure
● All of the documents listed below should be prepared.
● Please send all the documents to the KOICA branch office found in your country, not to the Yonsei University.
● Interviewees will be chosen among the applicants.
III. List of Documents
|1. KOICA Application Form||Download||Required|
|2. Personal Statement (250-500 words in English typed)||Download||Required|
|3. One letter of recommendation from a professor or expert in a field||Download||Required|
|4. One letter of recommendation from the present working organization||Download||Required|
|5. Photocopied college diplomas or proof of prospective graduation||Required|
|6. Official undergraduate academic transcript||Required|
|7. English-proficiency test result from one of the following: TOEFL or IELTS (if applicable)||Additional|
|8. Certificate of employment (if applicable)||Additional|
|9. Copy of national ID card or passport||Required|
|10. Two passport-size photos||Required|
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER- All applicants must submit all application materials via postal mail.
- All documents must be prepared in English. (Please attach certified translations if the documents are in any other languages.)
- All documents must be an original copy. Copies will only be accepted if each page is marked with an official stamp.
- Submitted applications become the property of Yonsei University and will not be returned.